The tourists are coming, which means that our streets and roads will become very busy throughout the summer. Schedule some time now to take the AARP driving course. You will learn:
· Defensive driving techniques
· New traffic laws
· How to deal with aggressive drivers
· How to use anti-lock brakes, air bags, and safety belts
· How to deal with trucks and blind spots
· How to deal with awkward left turns and rights of way
· How to handle interstate freeway traffic
If you have taken the course previously, good for you. Take it again – we could all stand to be reminded of best practices when behind the wheel. Do it for yourself, do it for your family and friends. The bonus? You may be eligible for a discount on your car insurance!
The class will be held May 7 at North Valley Hospital from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. The fee for AARP members is $12. For additional information and to reserve your spot, call 863-3627.